Green tea polyphenols are members of flavonoids. Catechins found in green tea have been shown to provide a number of health-promoting benefits:
- Catechins are antioxidants with the ability to scavenge reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals 1-5*
- Catechins have fluid stabilizing properties 6-7*
- Catechins have a thermogenic (fat burning) effect in the body 8*
- Green tea can boost the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification 9-14*
- Catechins appear to help maintain healthy cell colonies 15*
Unlike other teas, Long Life Teas are not simply measured and mixed, but rather are handcrafted. Handcrafting requires extraordinary care. Each time a new crop is harvested, the entire formula must be adjusted to guarantee its effect, unique taste, consistency, and flavor. Each crop of herbs varies due to seasonal conditions and length of growing season. Green tea leaves in bags provide brewing simplicity and convenience for those who enjoy drinking green tea. However, to get the full benefits of green tea, either a great many cups must be consumed daily or supplemental capsules must be used in addition.